Old poetry is good poetry.


The world is mine!
I’m coming back
I’m feeling life
Through a heart attack
My lips have spread
To a lasting smile
Blue skies singing
All the while
Oh, and the sunrise
Has never been so sweet
Warm, bold, and bright
I feel so elite
My life is unfolding
Fragrant rhymes along with blossoms
Everything’s not solved
But depression’s being held for ransom
Will I pay the price?
Heck yes, I will!
But just for now,
Exuberantly happy I remain, still 



Insects crawling in my bed
Everytime you're around
Fiery confusion
Puts me in a coma
Of such fatigued sleep
It's grown old
And I've grown hard
Living just to see
Moments pass between my
Half-dead fingers
I want life
The breath of fresh air
I feel so caught up in
Nothing
Breathing
Ice cold fingers gripping
At uncharitable corners of the universe
Eyes blinded
By a seemingly dying hope
No, don't go now
I can't breathe
When you're around




Quiet
Sweet, soft breeze
Touches my skin
Pulls your scent into me
Bare feet
On soft wood
My blanket hem
Follows after me
Darkness
Presses against my
Eyes
Goosebumps rise
At the sudden touch
Of warm fingertips
You are not alone
And neither am I

Comments

Popular Posts