Say you will.

On this...slightly odd day for me, I feel I need to publish some sort of statement regarding my feelings on the subject at hand: marriage. Had I not called it off in November, I would have been married within 7 hours of right now. It feels weird to think that something that powerful was within my grasp and would have been so close at this point. It's also weird to me to think that I had actually considered getting married at this young.
My idea of love right now is if it comes to me and I recognize it, I will take advantage of it and put a ring on it. But, until then, I'm going to have as much fun as I possibly can. I don't know how soon my time is coming, but I've felt for a couple of years that it's soon.
Frankly, the 'soon' part of that scares the crap out of me. I don't feel ready to be married. I don't think I'll be ready for a good five or so more years. But, that could just be me panicking that I won't be able to do enough before I'm laid to rest in some husband's arms.
Yes, laid to rest. Because once you're married, what else do you have to look forward to? There isn't the tension and anticipation of dating anymore. You know who you're sticking with--you've already made that decision. So, what do you have to look forward to? Children: disgusting, messy, smelly, loud, annoying, scratch-my-eyeballs-out, children. Yeah. So, I'm not ready to be married, yet. Not at all.
I suppose this counts as a proper statement for the day. Robert, please don't message me.

Comments

Popular Posts