A Day in the Life.

There are many things in this life that are like nails on a chalkboard to me daily. And I'm one of the few that will point them out and bitch about them every once in a while (I choose a different one each day, for Katrina's sake. Ha!). The thing I'm referring to today is people as a group being obviously cliche about what they are. More specifically: women who insist on worshiping chocolate.
First, I'll start this rant by pointing out that there is a certain time in our monthly cycle--not necessarily during our menstruation, but close--when our bodies crave chocolate, or just something sweet. So it is scientific, in a way.
But what I hate is men who believe chocolate is the solver of all problems for women. First of all, it's a stereotype. Second of all, it's demeaning (you're saying I'm moody, so you're giving me something to keep the monster at bay). Thirdly, I'm freaking sick of chocolate. But the thing is women suck it all up. They love it. They love receiving chocolates from their male counterparts. Why not, it's free candy? Right?
Listen, ladies. Here's a newsflash: you're all so concerned about gaining and losing weight; but then you sit around and eat the chocolate the cute guy gave you. I feel like we're all staring into the sun--the sun being logic--and it hurts too much, so we turn away...choosing to just believe the chocolate away. Good luck with that.
Go get a piece of fruit, throw the junk away that the my-existence-won't-be-relevant-in-a-couple-of-days guy gave you, and go for a freaking walk.

Comments

  1. Amen! When I was at Women's Conference, there were at least 3 references made to chocolate worship at the general sessions. And all the plump Utah ladies giggled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thank you, Brooke. That made me feel really good to know that it's an actual concern! I thought it was just me being a judgmental jerkface...head.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts