Do we, do we know?

Alright. One more blog with me nagging about dating, and I'm done...for now. This blog comes with a question, though--a legitimate question that I actually want answered by my more manly readers.
So, here at BYU-Idaho, we're told to date; and dating just comes naturally. We're young and excited to be out on our own. We're still bursting with the hormones that tell us to date. The conflict I see here is the difference between male and female (with a few outliers).
From what I've experienced and heard, the ladies enjoy dating and want to date frequently. This doesn't mean that we want a man to spend a lot of money on us. It means that we want to be shown a good time with an awesome man for an evening. And we want something planned out before the evening approaches--sometimes we like to be told what to do by a man. I, for one, believe that the person who asks for the date should be the one to plan the date.
On the other hand, it feels like men enjoy hanging out a lot more than actually dating. I understand this: there are crazy women out there who expect your full commitment after the first date. I agree, that's bogus. And I also understand that asking a girl on a date is really putting yourself out there. I can sympathize with that, even though asking a girl out has been the guy's job for centuries, now. And I understand that sometimes it's a lot nicer to just chill with a girl you like; but you must understand this: the key word in that sentence is 'sometimes'.
I, as a woman, feel like I can't catch a break in the dating world because of all these guys who like to hang out; or say they're taking you out on a date, but end up not planning anything so we end up doing nothing but piss me off. And then I feel like a complete bitch for wanting a decent guy to take me on a decent date.
So, my question is, what are a man's expectations when it comes to the dating world? Why is it that you're constantly refusing to take women out on actual dates? And what can women--specifically me--do to help the situation (and don't you dare say "Ask the guy out first")?

Comments

Popular Posts