I guess some things never change...

Earlier, I was bored and watching the Travel Channel (one of my favorite pastimes). On said channel, they were showing all of the best roller coasters and water parks in the States. It got me all stoked for an amusement park. Unfortunately, I won't be going to one of those this summer, but I can appreciate those who get to. Therefore, I was inspired to write a poem. A different poem.

This is to every adrenaline junkie and caution taker:
     Stay alive.
Keep the blood pumping
Keep your eyes wide and
     Mouths open
Let your fingers dig in
Feel the wind in your hair
Feel the sun on your skin
Run, don't walk
To freedom

This is to all the lovers and bitter hearts:
     Stay alive.
Keep your hands and hearts open
Set your mind free
Let your eyes register peace
     And love
Keep steady
Keep hope
Keep smiling
Fly, don't run
To love

To eaters and non-eaters:
     Stay alive.
Keep food on your plate--good food
Enjoy every bite
Never take it for granted
Loosen your belt
     Sometimes
Lick your fingers
Get it all over your face
Get it on the floor
Get it everywhere
Walk, don't run
You'll get a cramp


Hope I helped you loosen up and enjoy for a moment. Happy Monday.

Comments

Popular Posts