Merry Christmas to all!

Katrina and I have not been looking forward to this day. I'll just put it out there. A couple days ago, we got news that our parents weren't going to be driving out for Christmas because of the weather both north and south. Frustrated, we both went into a highly depressive state, which meant we didn't want to do anything for Christmas (the all or nothing mentality our father gave us).
Regardless, we were awoken very early this morning by a phone call from our brother telling us to get out of bed so that we could turn Skype on and get the presents unwrapped. We weren't too thrilled about watching people opening presents at 5:30am, but we still got on Skype and sleepily giggled our way through the unwrapping session. After that was over and we got off of Skype, Kat and I decided to make ourselves a small but yummy breakfast (this is what we're accustomed to at home: a nice, big, yummy breakfast after opening gifts). Having brekkie with Katrina made me incredibly grateful to have her around. Even though we didn't have the company of our parents and beloved siblings, we had each other, which is all that really matters today.
After breakfast (and Katrina got in the shower), I was looking at the glittery star of Bethlehem my grandma has hanging over her nativity in the living room. At first, I thought about it as the north star. I thought to myself, "I need a star of Bethlehem to guide me, right now." But then I remembered that that star symbolized Christ and the dream the idea of Him brought into the hearts of those willing to believe--the dream that we will all someday be happy, regardless of what happens in our mortal life. But, then, I brought that concept down into a more simpler idea and said, "That star represents my dream." That is what I'm following, after all. Over rocks and crags and piles of crap, I'm following the dream that I have set for myself.
This has been a really hard week for me (I hardly want to explain the extent of said hardness); but I finally feel at peace, again. It has something to do with actually getting along with my family and knowing that, no matter how much of an idiot jerk I am, they will always love me.

Comments

Popular Posts