I think that possibly...Maybe, I'm falling for you.


The Moon's Lover

I am nocturnal because the sun is too bright.
In fact, the sun makes me sad…Makes me wait for the night.
I lie in my bed until the sun has deeply set.
And then I stay by my window—this is how we met.
Bathed in his beautiful, ominous glow,
I watch as the stars flutter and line in a row
To create an arrow that points only to him:
The man who I found while following a whim.
He’s gracious and cool and doesn’t expect a lot.
I guess he didn’t realize he’d ever be sought.
By a human, no less, on a planet nearby.
He’s framed quite perfectly, always in the sky.
I know I’m kind of crazy; one could even call me a loon.
But I’m quite sure I’ve fallen in love with the moon.



Ok, if you didn't read this aloud the first time through, I would suggest you do so on the second time around. I really like the sound of it aloud.
I wrote this cute little poem because I truly feel an odd connection to the moon. I've made it a habit over the past few nights to go out on my balcony and just stare at the moon for a few minutes before walking back in. I've been dying to write something about the moon; but it hasn't come to me until now.
I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Comments

Popular Posts