When the rain is blowing in your face


Staring down that familiar
Empty, rose-colored pipe
Wondering how often you
Think about me
Wondering what
Just the thought of me does
Hoping this won’t be just
Another
Lust-driven
Blood stained
Hole in an already gaping heart
Knowing me
How I see you
Wondering when the idea
The image in my mind
Of your eyes, mouth, nose, hair, eyebrows,
Voice
Will begin to weaken
And I fall back into that
Single oblivion in which I seem
To belong

Wondering when the explosion
Fades and the embers have
Fallen, will you still be there
With your calloused knees and
Hands outstretched
Waiting for the same thing
As I am?



The drip
The murmers
The stains, the shimmers
The depth of the maze
This dark maze of fear
Seeing things of nobody else's mind
Hearing things that echo
In no one else's drums
I rationalize with myself:
I can be afraid of the dark
That darkness will swallow me
Someday
Nobody will see me anymore
Because I belong in this darkness
This maze that has no end.

Comments

Popular Posts