You look like you've seen a ghost.

This will be a poetry blog: a before poem and an after poem. Both about the same man.


Silent tension pulls at the still air as our eyes meet
The twitch in the pleasure center of my brain gives me emotion
The emotion is delicious, and I pull at it
Like it’s a drag from a cigarette
My new drug, my new delightful drug
Skin to skin contact creates vibrations –
Shivers up my spine and butterflies in the stomach
I almost feel sick, but I’m too happy to be sick
Insecurities are a threat, but not a concern
I’m everywhere, but nowhere all at once
As I sit here
And contemplate
You.





It was a night
Of
Confusion
Blistering
Painful
I didn’t want to be there
I couldn’t drink

But his fishy desires
Had the best
Of him
He was busy
I was bored
Sitting beside a friend
Of a friend
Barely speaking
He was angry
Sarcastic
We made friends quickly

But the fish had disappeared
My mind settled
Upon innocence
I was boring this night
Of course
He
Didn’t
Want
To
Be
With
Me.
No.

But it was worse
The torment, the hatred, the blood
The bitch
She smiled at me
And told me her name

Everyone hung
On her
Every.
Word.
One of those girls.
The fish was entranced
Taken
Dead.

The fish and the bitch
Left
Leaving me cold
And wondering
When they’d be back
Naivety took over
(my defense
Mechanism)
Telling myself that
“He’ll be back…He’ll be back”
When’s he coming back?

And he was gone
Just a
Ghost
A shadow in my world of
Darkness
A piece of light must
Have reflected him
Away

Gone.

And the
Tears
Never stop.
The hole in my
Chest
Is wide
And throbbing with
Desire
To

Stop Time.

Comments

Popular Posts